Federal Agencies

NOTE: This tab has a dual function, if you click on it, the tab will open to provide you some useful information about the contents of the subcategories listed below. When a subcategory is selected a new page will open, at the top left is the name of the agency, directly below (in bold) are some subjects of interest with specific areas below each of them. To the right of the page are links (in blue) or a website address (in black); if the latest is true, copy and paste that address on the address bar above and click the search button of the computer to get you to that information site.

We ask for your cooperation in maintaining the material listed here relevant; so, if you see or come in contact with a more updated or new material; we ask to, please send us an e-mail with an attach link or provide us the location of the information. Remember, pay it forward… you will be greatly appreciated by those who use this site and pages.

Federal Programs
Their inspections are subject to agencies regulatory oversight; each has its own set of requirements; selected inspectors must meet a strenuous set of requirements along with a practical examination before you begin. To understand their concept of operation, you should first become familiar with the program of interest. Do searches on the internet, make some calls, and if allowed a visit.


State-Adopted Programs
Their inspections are subject to TDA & TDI agencies regulatory oversight; also, each program has its own requirements.

TDA single subcategory is called: Wood Destroying Insect (WDI) program. TREC inspectors pursue the trainers permit to complement their inspections by offering a low or no cost to those who request to have their residences inspected; if treatment is required, is normally done by license applicator who sponsor the trainee.

The two TDI subcategories are: 1. Water Damage Remediation (WDR). Home owners must first inform their insurance agent to obtain approval; 2. Get in contact with a license professional to make necessary repairs, if damages are large, a restoration specialist may also be needed; 3. Lastly, the inspector must make an inspection and validate the work is to compliance. Failure to follow the steps above could leave the residence owner without insurance coverage.